No one expects to have a medical emergency while travelling. But it can happen. Manulife Financial Travel Insurance for Canadians travelling out-of-province protects against costs associated with unexpected medical emergencies that may occur during your trip – costs that might only be marginally covered by your provincial health insurance plan.
Expecting visitors or know someone on a Super Visa to Canada?
Do your guests have emergency medical insurance while they’re here? Manulife Financial Travel Insurance for Visitors to Canada can be purchased prior to their departure from their home or when they first arrive.
If you have parents or grand-parents planning to visit on a Super Visa, they must provide evidence of Canadian medical insurance for a minimum of $100,000 coverage for 365 days when they apply for their Super Visa.
Whether you’re traveling or someone is traveling to see you, you’ll want to plan in advance. Don’t forget to include Manulife Financial Travel Insurance in those plans.
Call to arrange coverage today at 905 276-9456 ext. 4433.
Travel Insurance Options (click me!)
Manulife Financial offers the following travel insurance options:
- Out of province/out of country travel insurance for Canadians
- Visitors to Canada travel insurance
- Student travel insurance
Travelling Canadians can choose from the following options:
- Single-Trip Plan: Provides coverage for one trip for the number of days purchased. No age limit but the you will have to answer medical questions if you are over the age of 55.
- Quick Trip Plan: Provides coverage for one trip of less than 18 days for those 55-74 years of age. There are no eligibility questions for this option.
- Multi-Trip Plan: Provides coverage for an unlimited number of trips during the policy year for the number of days purchased. Options of 4, 10, 18 and 30 day plans. No age limit.
- All-Inclusive Plan: Provides several benefits all in one plan. It covers Emergency Medical, Trip Cancellation & Interruption, Baggage Loss, Delay & Damage, Flight Accident and Travel Accident.
- Travel Canada Plan: Provides Emergency Medical Insurance if all travel is within Canada at 50% off the regular Single-Trip Emergency Medical Plan rates.
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Plan: May be purchased as part of an All-Inclusive Plan or separately. If purchasing separately, must be purchased within 8 days of booking your travel plans.
Emergency Medical Insurance for Visitors to Canada is ideal for:
- Visitors to Canada
- Canadians who are not eligible for benefits under a government insurance plan
- Persons who are in Canada on a work visa
- New immigrants who are awaiting government health insurance plan coverage
Student Travel Insurance offers:
- Up to $1 million for emergency medical and non-medical coverage for covered risks
- Available to Canadian students studying abroad or out of province and International students studying within Canada.
I recently had the pleasure of meeting with Mat to get a better understanding of what offering his business provides.
Mat specializes in life, disability and medical insurance. Mat is extremely professional, but also cares about his clients. He insures that he knows their needs and then sets out to find the right insurance for them. He does not sell insurance like a cookie cutter – one package working for every client. I was also impressed with his ongoing client contact. That is so important. I found Mat to be passionate about his clients which is a wonderful trait to have.
I would highly recommend Mat to friends or clients of mine simply because he cares.